DTD Podcast 13 – Sketch Drive – The Future of Design Education with Martijn Van De Wiel- Product Designer Martijn Van De Wiel discusses his new project using SKETCHDRIVE to help engage with students.
Process and Topics discussed:
- How Martijn got into the field of Industrial Design
- Some of his influences growing up
- Early interest in how things work – Being Curious and Creating
- Sketching Animals and Plant
- First Experiences in Design Firms and working at Sundberg Ferar
- Disconnect between School and Work Environment
- Experience at Art Center and how it boosted Creativity
- SKETCHDRIVE – Keeping Students engaged
- Quick Demo using SKETCHDRIVE
- Enabling Effective Critiques where other students can learn from
- Advantages of using SKETCHDRIVE
- Is Design Work Art?
- How long it took to Create SKETCHDRIVE
- Is Online Education ready to Replace Mainstream College Institutions?
- Blended approach to Learning using a combination of Technology and cost reduction
- How Martijn stays motivated – Building a Company with SKETCHDRIVE and Surrounding oneself with Creatives
- Inspiration from his Daughter
- Martijns Ultimate Vision