DTD Podcast 8 – Ask Arv 1: Is it too Late to Become an Automotive Designer?– This is a question that I receive very frequently and it’s a tough question to answer because a lot about what I am going to tell you in my response…depends on YOU.
We received a question from one of our friends, Wasim, inquiring about a career shift into automotive design. Wasim wanted to know whether it was too late to become a designer.
In this episode and our first Ask Arv Question, I will break down the steps to becoming a designer and the critical questions you need to ask yourself about a chosen career path.
Topics of Discussion:
- The Globalization of Design Schools
- The Pressure to reduce costs
- The quality of education abroad
- Growth in Asia
- Increased Competition
- The Problem with Design Education and Mindset in Asian Countries
- What is the likelihood of being an Exterior Designer?
- What do Design Schools typically expect from potential students when applying?
- Do I have to be gifted or a natural at drawing?
- Carbodydesign.com – our friends at Carbodydesign has a full list of colleges that are currently offering automotive design.
- Am I too old to become a designer?